Botox injection contains the toxin of a bacteria called Clostridium Botulinum. The toxin type is Type A. It is a purified neurotoxin complex. It acts by blocking nerve impulses to the muscles and works by decreasing excess muscular contractions.
- Botox 100IU Injection is administered for cosmetic purposes like the in treatment of fine lines, creases and wrinkles.
- It also helps to reduce muscle spasms, Migraine pain, cervical dystonia and squint.
Most common side effects of Botox 100 IU are:
- Aches in neck
- Stiffness in muscles
- Blurry vision and other vision problems
- Droopy eyelids
- Loose stools
- Difficulty in breathing
- Pain and bruising at injection site
Drug allergies are quite common and might occur as a result of reaction to active ingredients as well as inactive ingredients. The most common side effects of allergies are: itching, rashes, hives, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, dizziness and loose motions.
This is not the full list of side effects that can occur with Botox 100 IU.
Warnings and Precautions
- You must always inform your doctor about your past and present drug allergies or any other substance allergies before taking Botox 100 IU.
- Before using Botox 100 IU kindly inform your doctor or pharmacist regarding relevant medical history. Also, inform about all the drugs you are presently taking.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding and trying to conceive are contraindicated while taking this drug.