Iclusig Ponatinib Tablets are Protein Kinase type of anti-cancer drugs.
- Iclusig Ponatinib is used for the treatment of adult patients suffering from certain specific phases of chronic myeloid leukemia (CML). Iclusig is not for treatment of newly diagnosed CML cases.
- Philadelphia chromosome (Ph+) acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) in patients who are not responding well to previous therapies or not tolerating other types of treatment.
This is not the full list of all side effects that may occur with Iclusig Ponatinib tablets. Please seek medical advice from your doctor about if you experience serious or unusual side effects such as:
- Pain in chest pain or feeling of heaviness
- Numbness or weakness on a single side of the body
- Blurring of vision
- Slurring of speech and balance problems
- Respiratory problems and coughing up blood
Drug allergies are quite common and might occur as a result of reaction to active ingredients as well as inactive ingredients. The most common side effects of allergies are: itching, rashes, hives, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, dizziness and loose motions.
Warnings and Precautions
- You must always inform your doctor about your past and present drug allergies, other substance allergies before taking Iclusig Ponatinib tablets. Drug allergies to both active ingredients and inactive agents are common.
- Before using Iclusig Ponatinib tablets, inform your doctor or pharmacist regarding relevant medical history, especially that related to bleeding tendency, Kidney diseases and liver ailments. Also, inform about all the drugs you are presently taking.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding and trying to conceive are contraindicated while taking this drug.