Alecensa capsules contain alectinib as the active agent. This drug is used for treating ALK-positive, non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that is spreading to other parts of the body.
This is not the full list of all side effects that may occur with Alecensa. Please seek medical advice from your doctor about if you experience serious or unusual side effects. You must seek immediate medical help if you find symptoms of easy bleeding tendencies, Jaundice, breathing problems, heart problems or infections developing in your body.
Drug allergies are quite common and might occur as a result of reaction to active ingredients as well as inactive ingredients. The most common side effects of allergies are: itching, rashes, hives, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, dizziness and loose motions.
The most commonly observed side effects of Alecensa are:
- Liver problems and abnormal Liver function tests
- Muscular and bone aches
- High levels of blood glucose
- Decreased levels of Calcium and Potassium in blood
- Mouth sores
- Nausea/ vomiting
- Electrolyte and mineral imbalance in body
Warnings and Precautions
- You must always inform your doctor about your past and present drug allergies, other substance allergies before starting Alecensa. Drug allergies to both active ingredients and inactive agents are common.
- Before using Alecensa, inform your doctor or pharmacist regarding relevant medical history, especially that related to bleeding tendency, Kidney diseases and liver ailments. Also, inform about all the drugs you are presently taking.
- Patients with heart ailments and high blood pressure must be closely monitored while taking Alecensa.