Mitotane Lysodren is an anti-cancer drug which is used in treatment of patients suffering from inoperable, functional/ nonfunctional adrenal cortical carcinoma.
Treatment of adrenal cortical carcinoma
Mitotane is a cytotoxic drug. This is not the full list of all side effects that may occur with Mitotane. Please seek medical advice from your doctor about if you experience serious or unusual side effects. You must seek immediate medical help if you find symptoms like:
- Feeling dizzy and as if you might faint
- Rapid heartbeat and palpitations
- Feeling of warmth or redness on skin
- Excess sweating
- High grade fever
- Vision changes
Drug allergies are quite common and might occur as a result of reaction to active ingredients as well as inactive ingredients. The most common side effects of allergies are: itching, rashes, hives, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, dizziness and loose motions.
Warnings and Precautions
- You must always inform your doctor about your past and present drug allergies or any other substance allergies before taking Mitotane.
- Before using Mitotane kindly inform your doctor or pharmacist regarding relevant medical history. Also, inform about all the drugs you are presently taking.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding and trying to conceive are contraindicated while taking this drug.