The drug Nivolumab comes by the trade name of Opdivo. Opdivo is a monoclonal antibody which provides target therapy. It is helpful in treating certain types of skin cancers like melanoma, lung cancers, renal cancers etc.
- For the treatment of cases with spreading, on-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) in which platinum-based chemotherapy has already.
- Treatment of advanced renal cell cancer in cases where anti-angiogenic drugs.
- Treatment of locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinomas and skin cancers like Melanoma.
- Nivolumab is administered through intravenous (IV) route over 60 minutes every 2 weeks. Dosage will be best decided by your doctor.
This is not the full list of all side effects that may occur with Opdivo 40 mg injection. Please seek medical advice from your doctor about if you experience serious or unusual side effects. You must seek immediate medical help if you find symptoms of easy bleeding tendencies, Jaundice, breathing problems, heart problems or infections developing in your body.
Drug allergies are quite common and might occur as a result of reaction to active ingredients as well as inactive ingredients. The most common side effects of allergies are: itching, rashes, hives, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, dizziness and loose motions.
The most commonly observed side effects of Opdivo are
- Fatigue or tiredness
- Reduction in WBC count which may lead to increased tendency to catch infections.
- Decreased blood Sodium levels
- Difficulty in breathing
- Aches in joints and muscles
- Reduced appetite
- Respiratory distress
Warnings and Precautions
- You must always inform your doctor about your past and present drug allergies, other substance allergies Opdivo 40 mg. Drug allergies to both active ingredients and inactive agents are common.
- Before using Opdivo 40 mg, inform your doctor or pharmacist regarding relevant medical history, especially that related to bleeding tendency, heart diseases, lung and liver ailments. Also, inform about all the drugs you are presently taking.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding and trying to conceive are contraindicated while taking this drug.