Emtricitabine and Tenofovir, both are potent antiviral drugs. These work by preventing the HIV, human immunodeficiency virus cells from multiplying and spreading in the body. Tenofovir is a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) and Emtricitabine is an antiretroviral medicine.
This medicine is not a cure for HIV or AIDS but it can help reduce the symptoms and improve the quality of life.
This is not the full list of all side effects that may occur with Ricovir-Em Tablet. Please seek medical advice from your doctor about if you experience serious or unusual side effects. You must seek immediate medical help if you find symptoms of easy bleeding tendencies, Jaundice, breathing problems, heart problems or infections developing in your body.
Drug allergies are quite common and might occur as a result of reaction to active ingredients as well as inactive ingredients. The most common side effects of allergies are: itching, rashes, hives, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, dizziness and loose motions.
The most commonly observed side effects of Ricovir-Em Tablet are:
- Feeling of dizziness
- Depression or tiredness
- Inability to sleep
- Aches in stomach
- Rashes or blisters in certain parts of body especially, soles of feet and hands
- Weight loss
- Thinning of hair
Warnings and Precautions
- You must always inform your doctor about your past and present drug allergies, other substance allergies Ricovir-Em Tablet. Drug allergies to both active ingredients and inactive agents are common.
- Before using Ricovir-Em Tablet, inform your doctor or pharmacist regarding relevant medical history, especially that related to bleeding tendency, Kidney diseases and liver ailments. Also, inform about all the drugs you are presently taking.
- Patients with heart ailments and high blood pressure must be closely monitored while taking Ricovir-Em Tablet 200 mg.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding and trying to conceive are contraindicated while taking this drug.