XELJANZ Tofacitinib tablets are used along with methotrexate (MTX) for treating moderate to severe degree of an autoimmune disease called as Rheumatoid arthritis (RA). It is used for adult patients who have not responded adequately to anti-rheumatic drugs. XELJANZ may be used alone if the patient is intolerant to MTX.
- Treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis
- psoriatic arthritis
This is not the full list of all side effects that may occur with Xeljanz Tofacitinib Tablets. Please seek medical advice from your doctor about if you experience serious or unusual side effects. You must seek immediate medical help if you find symptoms of easy bleeding tendencies, Jaundice, breathing problems, heart problems or infections developing in your body.
Most common side effects of Xeljanz Tofacitinib Tablets:
- Changes in vision
- Musculoskeletal aches in body
- Flu-like symptoms
- Breathing problems
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Dryness of mouth
- Loose stools
Warnings and Precautions
- You must always inform your doctor about your past and present drug allergies, other substance allergies before taking Xeljanz Tofacitinib Tablets. Drug allergies to both active ingredients and inactive agents are common.
- Before using Xeljanz Tofacitinib Tablets, inform your doctor or pharmacist regarding relevant medical history, especially that related to bleeding tendency, Kidney diseases and liver ailments. Also, inform about all the drugs you are presently taking.
- Patients with heart ailments and high blood pressure must be closely monitored while taking Xeljanz Tofacitinib Tablets.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding and trying to conceive are contraindicated while taking this drug.