Cellcept 500 mg (Mycophenolate mofetil) is an immunosuppressant medication. It works by lowering the immune reaction towards an organ transplant and prevents it from being rejected.
Cellcept 500 mg is given in patients who have received kidney, liver, or heart transplant thus, helping in preventing organ rejection.
This is not the full list of all side effects that may occur with Cellcept 500 mg. Please seek medical advice from your doctor about if you experience serious or unusual side effects. You must seek immediate medical help if you find symptoms of easy bleeding tendencies, Jaundice, breathing problems, heart problems or infections developing in your body.
Drug allergies are quite common and might occur as a result of reaction to active ingredients as well as inactive ingredients. The most common side effects of allergies are: itching, rashes, hives, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, dizziness and loose motions.
The most commonly observed side effects of Cellcept 500mg are
- Reduction in blood cell counts which may lead to increased tendency to catch infections.
- Aches in joints and muscles
- Nausea/ vomiting
- Swelling in certain parts of the body
- Loose stools
- Weight loss
- Flu-like symptoms
- High blood pressure
- Musculoskeletal weakness
Warnings and Precautions
- You must always inform your doctor about your past and present drug allergies, other substance allergies Cellcept 500 mg. Drug allergies to both active ingredients and inactive agents are common.
- Before using Cellcept 500 mg, inform your doctor or pharmacist regarding relevant medical history, especially that related to bleeding tendency, heart diseases, lung and liver ailments. Also, inform about all the drugs you are presently taking.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding and trying to conceive are contraindicated while taking this drug.