Crizonix (Crizotinib) 250 mg capsules belong to the kinase inhibitor category of Anti-cancer drugs.
These are useful for treating cases suffering from locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Crizotinib falls under the first of its kind FDA-approved biomarker-driven chemotherapy drug that can be used for both ALK positive and ROS1-positive metastatic NSCLC.
The most common side effects of Crizonix 250 mg capsules are:
- Vision related troubles like blurring of vision, double vision or heightened sensitivity to light
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loose stools
- Edema in various parts of body
- Reduced appetite
- Pneumonia leading to much difficulty in breathing with low-grade fever
This is not the full list of all side effects that may occur with Crizonix 250 mg capsule. Please seek medical advice from your doctor about if you experience serious or unusual side effects. You must seek immediate medical help if you find symptoms of easy bleeding tendencies, Jaundice, breathing problems, heart problems or infections developing in your body.
Drug allergies are quite common and might occur as a result of reaction to active ingredients as well as inactive ingredients. The most common side effects of allergies are: itching, rashes, hives, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, dizziness and loose motions.
Warnings and Precautions
- You must always inform your doctor about your past and present drug allergies, other substance allergies before taking Crizonix 250 mg capsules. Drug allergies to both active ingredients and inactive agents are common.
- Before using Crizonix 250mg Capsule, inform your doctor or pharmacist regarding relevant medical history, especially that related to bleeding tendency, heart diseases, lung and liver ailments. Also, inform about all the drugs you are presently taking.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding and trying to conceive are contraindicated while taking this drug.