LUCIDAS 20 is an anti-cancer drug that works by blocking the activity of abnormal proteins which signal the cancerous cells in body to multiply. Thus, help in slowing down the spread of cancer to other parts and further deterioration of the patient.
Treatment of Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia and Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia that are Philadelphia chromosome-positive. This drug is preferred in cases who could not be sufficiently treated with other anticancer medications for leukemia.
Most common side effects with LUCIDAS 20 are
● Nausea and Vomiting
● Pain in abdomen
● Vague Headaches
● Swelling in different parts of the body
● Decreased blood platelet counts
● Aches in bones, muscles and joints
● Difficulty in Breathing
● Tendency to catch Infections easily
● Blurring of vision
This is not a full list of all side effects that may occur with this drug. Please seek medical advice from your doctor about if you experience serious side effects and they become overtly bothersome. Also, it is must to talk to your doctor if you see symptoms of easy bleeding tendencies, Jaundice, breathing problems or infections developing in your body.
Drug allergies are quite common and might occur as a result of reaction to active ingredients as well as inactive ingredients. The most common side effects of allergies are: itching, rashes, hives, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, dizziness and loose motions.
Warnings and Precautions
● LUCIDAS 20 is not to be given in minors under 18 years of age.
● LUCIDAS 20 interacts with antacids. So, any medications for acidity have to be avoided for 2 hours before and 2 hours after taking dasatinib.
● Before using LUCIDAS 20 medication, inform your doctor or pharmacist regarding relevant medical history, especially that related to bleeding tendency, heart diseases, lung and liver ailments.
● Lactose intolerant patients must exercise caution while taking dasatinib LUCIDAS 20.
● Not to be taken by pregnant and lactating women.