Nexavar Sorafenib 200mg is an anti-cancer medication. It belongs to a category called as Kinase inhibitors. Nexavar Sorafenib 200 mg works by inhibiting the action of Kinases. This leads to slowing down of growth and proliferation of cancer cells in the body. Additional function of Nexavar 200 mg is to stop the development of new blood vessels in the tumour which again prevents the growth and spread of cancer cells.
Nexavar Sorafenib 200 mg is used for treatment of Hepatic cancers, thyroid cancers and certain types of renal cancers.
This is not the full list of all side effects that may occur with Nexavar Sorafenib. Please seek medical advice from your doctor about if you experience serious or unusual side effects. You must seek immediate medical help if you find symptoms of easy bleeding tendencies, Jaundice, breathing problems, heart problems or infections developing in your body.
Drug allergies are quite common and might occur as a result of reaction to active ingredients as well as inactive ingredients. The most common side effects of allergies are: itching, rashes, hives, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, dizziness and loose motions.
The most commonly observed side effects of Nexavar Sorafenib are:
- Aches in joints and muscles
- Rashes or blisters in certain parts of body especially, soles of feet and hands
- Mouth sores
- Nausea/ vomiting
- Flu-like symptoms
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Weight loss
- Thinning of hair
Warnings and Precautions
- You must always inform your doctor about your past and present drug allergies, other substance allergies Nexavar Sorafenib. Drug allergies to both active ingredients and inactive agents are common.
- Before using Nexavar Sorafenib, inform your doctor or pharmacist regarding relevant medical history, especially that related to bleeding tendency, Kidney diseases and liver ailments. Also, inform about all the drugs you are presently taking.
- Patients with heart ailments and high blood pressure must be closely monitored while taking Nexavar Sorafenib 200 mg.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding and trying to conceive are contraindicated while taking this drug.