Osicent 80 mg tablets contain osimertinib as the active agent. These exhibit anti-tumor activity against specific types of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
The non-small cell lung cancers (NSCLC) which are (EGFR) T790M mutation-positive are treated with the help of Osicent 80 mg tablets. This drug is especially helpful in cases where EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy was not as effective as expected.
This is not the full list of all side effects that may occur with Osicent 80 mg tablets. Please seek medical advice from your doctor about if you experience serious or unusual side effects. You must seek immediate medical help if you find symptoms of easy bleeding tendencies, Jaundice, breathing problems, heart problems or infections developing in your body.
Drug allergies are quite common and might occur as a result of reaction to active ingredients as well as inactive ingredients. The most common side effects of allergies are: itching, rashes, hives, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, dizziness and loose motions.
The most commonly observed side effects of Osicent 80 mg tablets are:
- Loose motions
- Dryness of skin
- Nail toxicity
- Heart problems like QTc prolongation of ECG
- Decrease in WBC counts leading to infections
- Nausea/ vomiting
- Difficulty in breathing
Warnings and Precautions
- You must always inform your doctor about your past and present drug allergies, other substance allergies Osicent 80 mg tablets. Drug allergies to both active ingredients and inactive agents are common.
- Before using Osicent 80 mg tablets, inform your doctor or pharmacist regarding relevant medical history, especially that related to heart ailments. Also, inform about all the drugs you are presently taking.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding and trying to conceive are contraindicated while taking this drug.
- Close monitoring for cardiac activity is required.
- If Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD)/Pneumonitis develops as a side effect, this drug must be permanently discontinued.