Opdivo is a monoclonal antibody that is used for providing targeted therapy against specific cancers. It is used for treating various types of cancers like: melanoma, pulmonary cancers, renal cancers, urothelial cancers etc.
- Metastatic, non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) in which platinum-based chemotherapy has been given prior to starting Opdivo 100mg injections.
- Treatment of advanced renal cell cancer in cases where anti-angiogenic drugs have failed to produce satisfactory results.
- Treatment of locally advanced, metastatic urothelial carcinomas.
This is not the full list of all side effects that may occur with Opdivo 100 mg injections. Please seek help from your doctor regarding unusual side effects. You must seek immediate medical help if you find symptoms of easy bleeding, Jaundice/ liver ailments, breathing problems, heart problems or certain infections developing in your body.
Drug allergies are quite common. The most common side effects of allergies are: itching, rashes, hives, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, dizziness and loose motions.
The most commonly observed side effects of Opdivo 100mg are:
- Increased tendency to catch infections because of reduction in blood WBC counts
- Decreased blood Sodium levels
- Problems in breathing
- Reduced appetite
- Musculoskeletal aches
- Respiratory issues
Warnings and Precautions
- You must always inform your doctor about your past and present drug allergies, other substance allergies Opdivo 100 mg. Drug allergies to both active ingredients and inactive agents are common.
- Before using Opdivo 100mg, inform your doctor or pharmacist regarding relevant medical history, especially that related to bleeding tendency, heart diseases, lung and liver ailments. Also, inform about all the drugs you are presently taking.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding and trying to conceive are contraindicated while taking this drug.